Welcoming Spring with Two Inches of Snow

There is nothing like anticipating the month of May as the beginning of Spring, and with it new blooms, budding trees, planting beautiful flowers and yummy vegetables in your garden--in short, the annual beginning of new life.  NOT.  I live in Denver (nuf said?).  For those who are not in the know, it can snow in Denver any month of the year, except maybe July.

This year, today, May 1st, it snowed.  The temperature was 27.8 degrees.  The snow began after 3:00 a.m. here (I got up to go to the bathroom--I'm of that age) when I went to look out of the bedroom window.  It was just starting to precipitate, and the walk beside our townhome which winds itself around the complex looked slightly damp.

I should have taken a picture of our patio covered in snow, but I'm just a bit blase over this.  On the one hand, I was really, really hoping for warm weather--and then we had some, over this past weekend, the last weekend in April.  It was over 70 degrees.  It was Spring. I was happy.  Remember, we had just come through our last snowstorm , on April 22nd.  I thought we were done.  We weren't.  The forecast came in on Sunday: expect a cold front moving in, and snow on Wednesday.  Okay, so I got to wear my new pink and gray boots one more time.  That was the only good thing about it.  But I guess it's tradition, because years ago, when we bought a used Subaru Legacy, we picked it up in the snow.  Today, we finally leased a new car: another Subaru, a 2014 Forester (time really flies at car dealerships).  And it was delivered to us...in the snow!  We haven't had the car 1 day and it already needs a car wash.  But it's tradition: Subarus come to us in the snow.  That's just the way it is.

Here's a picture of a car almost like ours.  Ours is minus the top spoiler over the rear windshield (although I wish ours had one.  Oh well.).  But it's the same color: Satin White Pearl.  My D.H. pleaded for blue, but not this time.  He's had two blue cars over the years, the colors of which he chose.  My minivan is Forest Green, and I had no choice of color as we bought it used.  This time, although technically it's his car (it will replace his 18 year old Ford Contour), it's my color choice.  So there.

Pretty cool, huh?
                                                                         


 Anyway, this month's BlogHer's NaBloPoMo theme is comfort.  I take comfort in the anticipation of Spring, which should arrive some time next week, maybe.  And I take comfort in my--ok, our--new Subaru.  It's beautiful.  And extremely reliable.  And that's comforting.

Comments

Batya said…
come home
It's summer here
my dear

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Debate: Is it Itsy Bitsy, or Inky Dinky, of Spider Fame?

The End. Is there a Beginning...?

Some Recent Israeli Accomplishments in her 67 Years: Independence Day 2015