Date Night

So tonight my D.H. and I went to a movie--first time in a long time--and had Menchies' frozen yogurt at a little outdoor table near the theatre, watching a central fountain spew forth graceful arcs of water, on a beautiful, mild spring day.
                                                       

 I actually 'asked him out.' A little unusual? Not really.  We're married 43+ years and I can do whatever I want, heheh.  As a matter of fact, he had asked me several times over the past few weeks if I wanted to go to a movie, and each time I answered in the negative: feet hurt, knees hurt, too tired, etc.  I'm kind of a homebody; when I get home from work, I just want to vegge out.

But today, my D.H. went to the VA doc to have his pacemaker checked out, and it was fine (thank G-d), and then he did the laundry (I had asked him to ) and took care of the last pot from Shabbat, the cholent pot (slow cooker to you), which he put in the dishwasher after having emptied it out of its load of clean dishes and utensils from Shabbat, and putting those away.

So he was such a good boy, that I asked him out.  I knew he'd love to go to a movie because he had been so disappointed the previous times I declined.
                                             


We saw the new Star Trek movie in 3-D.  And I had my favorite snack: buttered popcorn (at $6.75 a pop; but you get a free refill, so it actually comes to $3.37 or so.  A little more reasonable highway-robbery.).  It being a Tuesday night, there were not huge crowds.  It was so nice to get out with someone dear to you, and just relax.

Next week we have 2 for 1 tickets to a concert, The Art of the Baroque, featuring concerti and other works by Bach, Handel, Corelli and Vivaldi.  Here's a small sample of the Vivaldi (this is quite a post; you get the popular movies and, at the opposite end, a concert of good music--note that "baroque" is not classical, so I'm not using that term).

What can I say? I have eclectic tastes.).







*Copyright alert: No infringement of any text or graphic copyright is ever intended on this blog. If you own the copyright to any original image or document used for the creation of the graphics or information on this site, please contact the blog administrator with all pertinent info so that proper credit can be given. If you wish to have it removed from the site, just say the word; it shall be, ASAP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Debate: Is it Itsy Bitsy, or Inky Dinky, of Spider Fame?

The End. Is there a Beginning...?

Some Recent Israeli Accomplishments in her 67 Years: Independence Day 2015