I'm going through Writer's Blog, er, Block. Have been thinking that since Sept. 6th, I haven't posted a thing. And things are happening. Bad Things. And Good Things. First, the bad--at least, it doesn't bode well for Israel and the free world--that the so-called "Palestinians" are appealing to the U. N. for statehood, G-d help us. And whom do they choose as their honored spokesman? This peace-loving individual, seen in full here on Palestinian Media Watch (hat tip, Yael):
chosen by the PA
to launch statehood campaign
by Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik
The Palestinian Authority chose the mother of 4 terrorist murderers, one of whom killed seven Israeli civilians and attempted to killed twelve others, as the person to launch their statehood campaign with the UN. In a widely publicized event, the PA had Latifa Abu Hmeid lead the procession to the UN offices in Ramallah and to hand over a letter for the UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon.
<><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><>
|[Al-Ayyam, Sept. 9, 2011]|
|[PA TV News, Sept. 8, 2011]|
The official PA daily reported that she launched the UN campaign last week, and noted that she is the "mother of seven prisoners and of the Shahid (Martyr) Abd Al-Mun'im Abu Hmeid." However, the paper did not mention that 4 of her imprisoned sons are murderers.
Palestinian Media Watch reported last year that Abu Hmeid then had 4 sons in Israeli prisons who were each serving between two and seven life sentences, a total of 18 life sentences. At that time she was in the news because the PA Minister of Prisoners' Affairs, Issa Karake, decided to honor her with an award, "the Plaque of Resoluteness and Giving... inscribed with the names of her four sons who are imprisoned."The PA minister explained then why the mother of 4 murderers of Israelis deserves such honor:
Here's my considered opinion on that:
And the Good Things: my daughter took steps with a walker, for the first time in almost 8 months. She is continuing to try to be more ambulatory, albeit with a special walker where you lean your arms on the rails, because she cannot yet support her own weight. She is doing this through her pain, which is still severe. There seem to be no medications which alleviate it, at least for her at this time.
So in light of everything that is happening (please see her RSD Awareness Page on Facebook, and read her blog, My Personal Battle with RSD for more info), I decided to post something which should just be funny. That's it. No deep thoughts, no furrowing one's brows, no worries. Just be happy. Especially if you're in a retiring mode, as we are about to be...
(FYI: sometimes these stupid viral emails are actually funny.)
After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Target. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out.
Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse. Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Target.
Dear Mrs. Samuel,
Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Samuel, are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.
1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the womens restroom.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.
6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department to which twenty children obliged.
8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' EMTs were called.
9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.
11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.
12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.
13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'
14. October 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'
And last, but not least:
15. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the clerks passed out.
If you don't send this to 12 of your dearest friends, your property taxes will go up, your stocks will go down, and your middle will spread. (How's that for a curse?!?) What? It's already come true? Then send it anyway--you've got nothin' to lose!