Mountain TimePhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket השעה בארץ ישראל

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Maccabeats Beat 'em All

Had nothing to do today as I took an unpaid day off to see a doc about my carpal tunnel syndrome which has been festering for over twenty-seven years and getting worse (it hoits) and in the early evening I visited Dov Bear's blog (boredom can drive one to do strange things sometimes...) and read his dissing of the Maccabeats relative to another group singing a Chanukah song.  I hadn't been on the bandwagon, and so hadn't heard the Maccabeats sing.


After reading DB's post and listened to the group whose video he posted, I decided to watch one the Maccabeats' videos.  I am hooked.  There is no question that the latter (that's the Maccabeats, to you) is better.  They have a great ear for music, are on key, harmonize beautifully, and do it a cappella, for gosh sake.  Basically, it's like this: if I were a guy, I would've gone to YU and been in that choir.  That's it.  Maybe in my next gilgul...

I mean, they sing Matisyahu better than Matisyahu.  Am ending a difficult Chanukah on a happier note (pun intended).  Give a listen.





Matisyahu's "One Day":



Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Batya said...

shows you don't need to be a professional to do professional work
Shabbat Shalom

Lady-Light said...

Batya: Right. Shabbat Shalom to you too, sweetie!

Awesome Guy said...

First video is nice same as our office crazy

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.