Mountain TimePhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket השעה בארץ ישראל

Friday, November 19, 2010

Tenk Gott is Shabbes

Received this in an email from a friend. After picking myself up off the floor, I decided it was worthy of posting here, erev Shabbat.  It also reminds me a little of my grandparents, zichronam li'vracha. . .
To all, Shabbat Shalom.   



. . .And Speaking of Yiddish, a Call to a Miami Condo:


HELLO. . .        Is this the Goldberg residence?"
        "Yes, mit whom do you vish to speak?"
        "Mrs. Goldberg please."
        "Mrs. Goyeldberg is gevoren shoppink 
[Went shopping] to dem supermarket."
        "Is Mr. Goldberg there?"
        "Oy, dis time of de day? Mister Goyeldberg is voikink."
 
        "Is Thelma at home?"
        "In de school is Telma, very clever… a real chuchom 
[Smart person] "
    
        "How about Harry, is he home ?"
        "Herry's in de colletch of medicine . Soon he should be a dokter,   kaynahoreh 
[G_d willing, no evil eye].."
    
        " Ok I see. Tell me then You must be Mrs Goldberg's mother?"
        "No, poor Bubbi Goyeldberg is gone, ollivasholom 
[May she rest in peace].”
    
        "So, then  may I ask to whom I am speaking?"
    
        "Dis is Shawana, de shvartze."



Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy vey.

Lady-Light said...

Anon: My sentiments exactly.

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.