Mountain TimePhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket השעה בארץ ישראל

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Getting Into the...Chanukah Spirit.

It's hard to believe that Chanukah 5771 is almost here.  This is one of the times that I so miss being in Israel.  I want to be surrounded by my own people's holiday and culture.  Chanukah is a celebration of the restoration of religious freedom and the Beit Hamikdash (Holy Temple) to the Jewish people.  America--let's face it--was founded by Christians and promotes Christian holidays, which is understandable.  I am a proud American, but also a proud Jew. Being a Jew is the core of my being, and as a Jew, I have the need to be surrounded by my own heritage, customs and laws.  I can feel this so much more in a Jewish country, where my religion is the main, official one. 

Besides, there is nothing like Israeli sufganiyot (American jelly doughnuts can't hold a candle, so to speak).

Thanks to Jacob Richman for posting all his Chanukah videos.  I don't know whether this one is on his list, however.



(By the way, no offense meant to anyone, Christian or Jewish.  Just take the video with a grain of...jelly and oil.)



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.