Tuesday Activities...Last, Bittersweet...

(nablopomo day 13)

Today, Tuesday, is my last day here, on this surprise-gift vacation-visit to my children and grandchildren.  Actually, I have much more family here than merely them; I also have my D. H.'s family here: his mom, sister and brother-in-law, and his brother-in-law's sister and husband with whom we are close, as well.

But because nobody knew I was coming (-if they had, they would've baked a cake. But you're too young to remember that song...), both my sister-in-law and her family and my sister-in-law's sister-in-law, whom I am also close with ('cause she reads my blog. Just kidding: 'cause she's a great person, and just happens to be a relative, relatively speaking. But she does read my blog. I think. She'd better.) were not here.

My D.H.'s sister and fam were on a cruise to Alaska, believe it or not. Why couldn't I be on a cruise to Alaska?  That is actually one of our dreams for after we win THE BIG ONE on Powerball or Mega Millions or Lotto or some other such lottery.  My D.H. has wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska since...forever.

Anyway, my sister-in-law's sister-in-law (there's GOT to be a shorter way to say this) is in, of all places, Wisconsin.  Why would anybody want to go to Wisconsin, for gosh sakes? What's in Wisconsin? mosquitoes.  And her son--but that's minor. The mosquitoes win every time, 'cause they bite and I would never go there, as long as they're there.  So she should've been here, to see me.  I left her a phone message, but to date, no response.

We just returned from dinner in yet another kosher restaurant (there are oodles here) with my sister and brother-in-law-just-yesterday-back-from-Alaska, and my two daughters.  I had already said my goodbyes to my three grandkids and told them that we will write letters back and forth, and send more pictures.  I started to cry, which I knew I would.  Said goodbye to my son-in-law.  Took more pictures.  And that is it.  I leave tomorrow morning for the 4.5 hour flight back home.

Where is home, actually? And don't tell me 'where the heart is.' My heart is in two places.  Okay, two-and-a-half places: each place where my kids are, and still where we are. I am torn.  It is bittersweet.  Life, is bittersweet.

Maybe we are all small parts of a whole, and we have to complete our lives on earth, in the physical world, often separately, apart by great distances. I am beginning to believe that we will all meet again and be together, in the great beyond. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Debate: Is it Itsy Bitsy, or Inky Dinky, of Spider Fame?

The End. Is there a Beginning...?

Some Recent Israeli Accomplishments in her 67 Years: Independence Day 2015