Mountain TimePhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket השעה בארץ ישראל

Friday, June 12, 2009

The Beauty of Shabbat

My last post was an angry one. I did not want to end the week on that note, so I am posting about the weekly end-goal of every Orthodox Jew: Shabbat. We say that "Jews keep Shabbat," but I truly believe that it is "Shabbat that has kept the Jews," alive and kicking, for thousands of years;
it is the focus of the week.
When I still taught elementary school, I would always write the date on the board as "the second day of the week of the Holy Sabbath" (in Hebrew, it sounds a lot better.)

At any rate, I wish you all a peaceful and holy Shabbat.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.