Will the Real Barack Obama (-or is it Imam Obama) Please Stand Up?
Ok, so I’m doing it now; this Senator from Illinois, Barack Obama, worries me. We all have heard (or have we?) of his Muslim upbringing in his early childhood, his biological father and stepfather being Muslim, his attending a Muslim Wahhabi school there and of course, the middle name he never uses: Hussein: an Arab*, not African--name. And according to Islam, if one’s father is Muslim, ‘once a Muslim, always a Muslim.’
But isn't he a Christian? So he says. He is officially a member of the Trinity United Community Church, whose Pastor, Jeremiah Wright, Jr. is a supporter of Louis Farrakhan
--who is no supporter of Israel or the Jews—and Pastor Wright has equated Zionism with racism. Here is just a taste of this Pastor’s views on Israel:
The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for almost 40 years now. It took a divestment campaign to wake the business community up concerning the South Africa issue. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community up and to wake Americans up concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.
Yet Barack Obama considers Jeremiah Wright, Jr. his role model and mentor. That is quite a contradiction to what he has on his own campaign website, at www.barackobama.com. He has a whole section on Israel, under the tab “Issues”
(sounds good when you read it, doesn’t it?):
• Ensure a Strong U.S.-Israel Partnership: Barack Obama strongly supports the U.S.-Israel relationship, believes that our first and incontrovertible commitment in the Middle East must be to the security of Israel, America?s strongest ally in the Middle East. Obama supports this closeness, stating that that the United States would never distance itself from Israel.
• Support Israel's Right to Self Defense: During the July 2006 Lebanon war, Barack Obama stood up strongly for Israel?s right to defend itself from Hezbollah raids and rocket attacks, cosponsoring a Senate resolution against Iran and Syria?s involvement in the war, and insisting that Israel should not be pressured into a ceasefire that did not deal with the threat of Hezbollah missiles. He believes strongly in Israel?s right to protect its citizens.
• Support Foreign Assistance to Israel: Barack Obama has consistently supported foreign assistance to Israel. He defends and supports the annual foreign aid package that involves both military and economic assistance to Israel and has advocated increased foreign aid budgets to ensure that these funding priorities are met. . .
Something doesn’t jive here. I’m getting a feeling that we don’t know who Barack Hussein Obama really is; why aren’t we asking questions like,
1) Why is he not admitting his Muslim name, past and upbringing? (What is he afraid of?)
2) Why is he still aligned with a virulently anti-Semitic church with an anti-Zionist, racist pastor if he doesn’t support their views?
3) Why has he chosen foreign policy advisors with a decidedly anti-Israel bent, especially Robert Malley who, apparently following in his father’s footsteps (who became a close friend of Yasser Arafat)is an anti-Israel activist, writes op-ed pieces condemning Israel and blamed Israel for the failure at Camp David?
And finally, maybe we need to ask why Barack Hussein Obama refused to answer citizens’ questions on what issues he would support if elected, quoted as written on Project Vote Smart (a great, unbiased site):
Senator Barack H. Obama Jr. repeatedly refused to provide any responses to citizens on the issues through the 2008 Political Courage Test when asked to do so by national leaders of the political parties, prominent members of the media, Project Vote Smart President Richard Kimball, and Project Vote Smart Vote Smart staff.
*I read that his first name, Barack actually was originally, Baracka, an Arabic name meaning the same as the Hebrew “bracha” – a blessing. We need to make very sure who he really is before we consider electing him; so that this 'blessing' won't turn into a curse. . .
*Information and quoted paragraphs are from the following sites (please read them to get the full stories, opinions and facts):