the dreaded* book meme...

OK, I could kick myself. I finally completed my answers for the entire Book Meme, lost my internet connection, saved the copy, forgot to paste it onto a Word document and rebooted. Done gone in cyberspace. Oiy. Trying to remember what I wrote (it was brilliant, mind you), so here we go again(disclaimer: this blogger is not responsible for any errors or lack of brilliance. The computer did it.) :

The (*Dreaded = the: -what-if-I-hadn't-read-any-books-all-year-or-what-if-I-can't remember-anything-I've-read-which-is-more-likely -fear? ) Book Meme (thank you for the tag, AbbaGav. I think.):

1. Name one book that changed your life: gosh 'n golly - so many books have made an impact on my life, it's really difficult to choose one. So I'll choose two: Or HaRa'ayon by Rav Meir Kahane*, and Lights Along the Way by Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski.

(*Actually, it was meeting and conversing with Rabbi Meir Kahane three months before he was murdered which changed my life.)

2. One book you've read more than once: Small Miracles I and II by Yitta Halberstam and Judith Leventhal.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: I second AbbaGav in this one: "Surviving Desert Islands for Dummies, and "How to Build an Unsinkable Raft and SeaWater Distillation Unit", with one addition: The Exodus by Leon Uris.

4. One book that made you laugh: My Favorite Intermissions by Victor Borge.

5. One book that made you cry: oh, I can think of books which made me cry: The Blessings of a Broken Heart by Sherri Mandell, and From a Ruined Garden, the Memorial Books of Polish Jewry by Jack Kugelmass & Jonathan Boyarin.

6. One book you wish you'd written: Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl; also, Memoirs of a Displaced Soul (maybe someday I'll actually write it...)

7. One book you wish had never been written: I'll second AbbaGav on this, too: "Mein Kampf and "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion",

8. One book you're currently reading: I have this nasty habit of starting a book, putting it down, and picking it up sometimes 'ages and ages hence', while in the interim starting and temporarily stopping several other books. So that sort of explains why I have to list more than one; I am currently reading (and returning to) From a Ruined Garden (see above), as it's an emotionally difficult book to read-it fills me with rage at the injustice done to the Jewish People)-also The Mystery of the Aleph, Mathematics, the Kabbalah, and the Search for Infinity by Amir D. Aczel (which is just plain difficult for my little ol' right-brain-the math and concept of infinity, that is-). I have to mention that I am also now reading State of Fear by Michael Crichton and, as with all of his other books, I can't put it down.

10. Tag 5 people: ok, hopefully the forthcoming are "memely inclined" (thanks be to AbbaGav for coining this phrase) and will actually respond in the affirmative [in their spare time, of course; and I beg forgiveness-well, not exactly 'beg'-if you already were tagged previously]:
I hereby tag:


  • socialworkerfrustratedmom
  • Anonym00kie
  • ayala
  • David
  • Elie
  • Comments

    anonym00kie said…
    ooo ... soon.. patience.. please...
    Yup I did it and I tagged david and am still waiting for him to do it. thanks
    Hi there, and thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I left you a response under your comment.

    I'm like you in that I'm horrible about starting a book and then leaving it lying around for ages, while in the meantime I start other books.

    You mentioned a book that I think I'd enjoy reading. It is _The Mystery of the Aleph, Mathematics, the Kabbalah, and the Search for Infinity_.
    kasamba said…
    Well done!!
    I'm going to go on amazon right now!
    Heavy reading there..
    :-)

    I'll get to mine ..I promise..
    thanks for the tag..
    AbbaGav said…
    Your multiple book habit is one I share, although on a different scale. (I've got about 50 abandoned books lying around waiting for attention. Hmm. I wonder if I'm really ever going to read them?) Sorry to hear you lost a version to the ether. A lot of my best work is there too. Nice job.

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Great Debate: Is it Itsy Bitsy, or Inky Dinky, of Spider Fame?

    The End. Is there a Beginning...?

    Some Recent Israeli Accomplishments in her 67 Years: Independence Day 2015