Teleportation to Our Homeland

Teleportation to Our Homeland

So, how do I explain this? It is the morning of Elections 2006 in Israel. Right now, it is 8:05 a.m. there...Here I sit, at my computer; listening on one browser to the Hebrew song גבעת התחמושת (Ammunition Hill) from the Six-Day War of June, 1967.

On a second browser I am listening to Israel radio about the elections. On a third, I have in front of me the live Kotel (Western Wall) camera; I am watching - in real time - people walking to and fro; there is a group of about 30 or so men standing in a semi-circle around the Israeli flag at the Kotel Plaza, with a group leader standing in front of the flag. People in the group have flags as well. The leader is speaking to them; they are applauding, waving their flags. In the background, there are men davening (praying) at the Wall. Also women, on the women's side. In spirit, and almost physically, I am there...I think G-d invented technology...
Do you know that I recently saw my youngest daughter at the Kotel, from here in the States where I live - on the live Kotel Cam? She had called me to ask if I wanted to say a prayer through her cell phone (!), while she was there on a field trip with some classmates. (These are the sort of kids I have. I couldn't be prouder.) I ran downstairs half asleep (it was 6:00 a.m. here) and quickly opened a browser. Told her where the camera was positioned, then...saw her walking towards the camera, towards me - on the phone talking to me, with her backpack on her back. I don't know if you can imagine how I felt...
At the Kotel the group is breaking into circles, circles of dance! People walking to and fro are stopping, watching the dancing, taking pictures - a mother just gently pushed her son into the dancing group.I should be there. We all should be there...What are we waiting for?

Lady-Light


p.s. - my son just awoke, and went online in Israel. I am Instant Messaging him as I post this. וגם ער ! עם ישראל חי

Comments

Lady-Light said…
ארי, תודה רבה בעד ההערה. אני מאחלת לך הצלחה בכל משאתה רוצה בחיים, ואושר ועושר!

באהבה,
אמא
the sabra said…
walla! yaffe!
Lady-Light said…
Tzabar (or tzabarit...),
It's nice to know that SOMEBODY reads my Blog!! But davka, this particular post I didn't think would be read. It was a crazy stream of consciousness HIGH I had whilst sitting at my computer, my heart (& part of my brain) transported to my Homeland Dimension. What IS it about that place???
(-walla right back at 'ya)--

kol tuv,
lady-light

4/24/
the sabra said…
hehe quite random, eh?

(im a bit confused, did you repost this comment on my blog, as well? cuz it says you did but i couldnt find it..)

besurot tovot!
Lady-Light said…
'ya know, I DID. Actually, I commented on your blog first, then thought about it, and decided I wanted that comment as my own post. I felt that it was important to the general public...but I just searched for it on YOUR blog, and couldn't find it.
What a FADICHA! It is floating around somewhere in cyberspace like The Lawnmower Boy. But since I posted it on MY blog, you didn't miss anything!
the sabra said…
fadicha? ha...you wanna know what a fadicha is???

(glad to see ur blog is picking up!)
Lady-Light said…
It's probably something unprintable. Actually, we (our family)uses a different word which I coined as a joke when I visited Israel last Nov./Dec. It stuck.
No, I will not reveal it.

p.s. -are you "ileed ha-aretz" or a naturalized Israeli?
the sabra said…
oof do i have to tell??
Lady-Light said…
Well, not if you don't want to. these blogs are supposed to be anonymous, if you wish.
But 'OOF' is SO Israeli!

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Debate: Is it Itsy Bitsy, or Inky Dinky, of Spider Fame?

The End. Is there a Beginning...?

Some Recent Israeli Accomplishments in her 67 Years: Independence Day 2015