Tenk Gott is Shabbes

Received this in an email from a friend. After picking myself up off the floor, I decided it was worthy of posting here, erev Shabbat.  It also reminds me a little of my grandparents, zichronam li'vracha. . .
To all, Shabbat Shalom.   



. . .And Speaking of Yiddish, a Call to a Miami Condo:


HELLO. . .        Is this the Goldberg residence?"
        "Yes, mit whom do you vish to speak?"
        "Mrs. Goldberg please."
        "Mrs. Goyeldberg is gevoren shoppink 
[Went shopping] to dem supermarket."
        "Is Mr. Goldberg there?"
        "Oy, dis time of de day? Mister Goyeldberg is voikink."
 
        "Is Thelma at home?"
        "In de school is Telma, very clever… a real chuchom 
[Smart person] "
    
        "How about Harry, is he home ?"
        "Herry's in de colletch of medicine . Soon he should be a dokter,   kaynahoreh 
[G_d willing, no evil eye].."
    
        " Ok I see. Tell me then You must be Mrs Goldberg's mother?"
        "No, poor Bubbi Goyeldberg is gone, ollivasholom 
[May she rest in peace].”
    
        "So, then  may I ask to whom I am speaking?"
    
        "Dis is Shawana, de shvartze."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oy vey.
Lady-Light said…
Anon: My sentiments exactly.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Debate: Is it Itsy Bitsy, or Inky Dinky, of Spider Fame?

The End. Is there a Beginning...?

Some Recent Israeli Accomplishments in her 67 Years: Independence Day 2015